Monday, April 12, 2010

All the Potluck Potential in the World

Do you remember those bad kids in high school whom the teacher said wasn't living up to his potential? His name was usually Johnny. Not to say that child will ever change, but usually disillusion allows ourselves to believe more will be delivered, but typically, is not.

So this potluck was like little Johnny. Everything was in place to make this a memorable family moment - epic actually, but it was a disaster despite great effort.

Sometimes, food can't bring people together, but on the brighter side, having to scramble during the morning made me realize the importance of having staple go-to recipes in your arsenal.

For me, it's Chipotle Tamale Pie (Recipe by Ingrid Hoffman) and that Rustic Pie from Saturday. In two hours I was able to shop for and complete two recipes.

Having done that casserole over a dozen times, I knew it by rote. I can rely on this recipe when I to need to pull something together in haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment