Saturday, April 10, 2010

Give me Cheese!

Last night, Algo and I went to Artisinal Bistro on 32nd between Park and Madison. This restaurant stays true to its French racines w. the aroma of Emmenthal and Gruyere emanating from the kitchen. I have been here several times and its always good. My staple is the gougeres... ethereally cheesy and delicate, but when I want to experiment, it's easily accomplished, as the restaurant offers a $35 prix-fixe every night. 

Come here for cheese plates, fondue, extensive wine list, and (fake) french accents. I would choose somewhere else for a social gathering, modernity, or a first date.

To Eat:
Gougeres - of course
Gnocchi Parisienne w. pork belly + root vegetables (omg delish..)
Artisnal Blend Fondue w. Apples, Kielbasa, Country Bread

To Drink:
Magners Cider
German Reisling Spatlese (must have)



The Bill:
$87.10 (not inclusive of gratuity)

No comments:

Post a Comment