Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Edible Whole - Fondues Au Chocolat

After a quick trip to Notre Dame, Annie and I crossed the Seine to do an unguided walking tour through the Latin Quarter. 

We come across a sidewalk poster on Saint-Germain des Pres for Fondue, which sort of looked like a Hot Chocolate advertisement. Obviously confused, we decide to go into the small shop, Aux Anysetiers du Roy, since we are drawn to all things molten and chocolate.
 



To our surprise, the boutique owner was providing samples of the fondue, showcasing 6 varieties of her popular flavors in lait, noir, and blanc.

 




Aux Anysetiers du Roy was a small restaurant in Paris which began a line of French gourmet food products. In addition to fondue, you could purchase fine teas, herbs de provence, flavored sea salts, oils, vinegars, etc. 


Fondues au Chocolat is a modern take on a French tradition. All flavors come prepacked in ceramic cups, beautifully labeled in hand-written font for that "authentic" look, and ready to heat in the Microwave. The genius lies in the ceramic, which once heated, will keep the chocolate warm & fluid for 45 minutes. Perfect for decadent dessert at the end of your dinner party.




Any remaining chocolate can be refridgerated and then reheated for those late-night cravings. Each 7-ounce fondue is more than enough for 4 people.

We could sample with clementine sections and green grapes. I was impressed with the silky texture of the chocolate and surprised that it held a beautiful sheen despite being microwaved.


There was no question, we had to bring these back home with us!
I bought:
Lait w/ Vanilla, Noir w/ Litchi, Noir w/ Amaretto, Blanc w/ Cassis, and a Salted Caramel Sauce.
Each fondue was 11 Euro.


Aux Anysetiers du Roy will be visiting us during the Fancy Food Show, June 27-29 at Jacob Javits Center


For an immediate fix, you can buy some of their products through Amazon:
 

2 comments:

  1. Where is this place again? I think I want to live here! This is like heaven for chocolate fondue lovers like me, lol! I love it so much that although my hubby and I agreed to having chocolate fondue just once a week, I still make it two to three times a week! Well, not for us of course, sometimes I bring it over to my friends' house or to my sister who lives just a block away from us. I have quite a collection of fondue pot and I love using it all the time. So you see, I don't just love eating chocolate fondue, I also enjoy making one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty impressive. My mother and I tried making fondue (broth, milk chocolate, and a white) for a family get-together. It was quite the undertaking and a lot of prep is required. I was so thrilled that we found this ready-made product during our trip to Paris. I have three jars left- saving them for special occasions.

    If you visit Paris, you can find the store here:
    45 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75005 Paris, France

    ReplyDelete