Monday, April 19, 2010

La Isla Restaurant (Hoboken)

After watching Bobby Flay throwdown with the owner of La Isla, I had to try the stuffed French toast that was amazing enough for Flay to admit defeat before actual judging. Algo and I shared the French toast, side of chorizo, and pan con lechon.


Those gooey bits are a guava cream cheese with strawberries. This was one of the best brunch items I've had. It is has a light and crispy cornflake and almond crust. The bread is soaked in a cinnamon "custard" bath. Despite it's sticky sweet appearance, it's actually well balanced. I don't eat very much, so one slice was more than sufficient, but if you're a big man like my husband, then you'll probably finish it off.
 
Pan con lechon, loosely translated, means perfectly toasted bread with shreads of pork and garlic mojo. I was so nasal I sadly couldn't get the full effect of the garlic.


The chorizo was cut thin and grilled, which I didn't mind because it cuts the grease. Annie prefers her fat globules and moisture.

The damage (barely): $24.08 w a batida.

1 comment:

  1. All that seems to be to die for and since I'm sure you know who it is, when are you taking moi to savor each one of them.

    ReplyDelete